- Edible Art Decorative Paint by Sweet Sticks is a range of revolutionary paints made in Australia. With a unique blend of 100% edible ingredients they can paint, dry and be rub free on almost any edible surface.
- Paints can be used on the following products as well as many others: Fondant, Buttercream cakes (chilled), Royal icing, Sugar cookies, Marshmallows, Gold Leaf, Candy melts, Confectionary, Ganache, Modelling chocolate...and more!
- GLUTEN FREE - DAIRY FREE - PEANUT FREE
- We recommend using a quality sable brush or sponge.
- The paint is ready to use from the bottle, so there is no need to thin it out or mix it with any other ingredients.
- Once applied, it dries quickly and the pigment is sealed within the surface - no dust or smudges!
- If you require a water colour effect you can achieve that by adding cake decorators alcohol (high grade 95% alcohol) to your palette.
- Shake well before and during use.
- Keep away from children and store in a dry cool place.
- Do not consume in liquid form.
Propylene Glycol, Glycerine, Alcohol 14%, Glaze (Shellac, Ethanol 16%), E110/FD&C Yellow No. 6, E171/Titanium Dioxide.
SEE BELOW FOR FULL DETAILS OF USING PAINTS
Best Tips & Tricks to get you started!
- We highly recommend before use to open the lid and give the product a good stir as the pigments might be stuck at the bottom of the bottle. If that is the case, when you try and paint you might be left with a transparent finish. Open lid, stir until all ingredients are mixed well, put the lid back on and give a quick shake. If this step is done correctly you will have a beautiful thick, opaque matt finish paint.
- Brushes play a big role in your overall quality finish. If using a cheap quality brush you may be left with brush strokes and an uneven finish. Invest in quality brushes if you can.
- Drying time can vary based on what surface you are painting on, how thick the coat is and humidity levels. For a quicker dry time we recommend thin coats and avoid painting in high humidity conditions. Drying needs to be done by air drying. If not air dried correctly you may be left with an after taste. Be sure to have it touch dry before placing it into the fridge. When dry your surface will be rub free and tasteless.
- If you are new to our products we always recommend getting yourself familiar with them first. practise before using on your finished product to achieve a successful result.
- Our best before date is our recommended times to use the paint within to get the best results. The ingredients used do not have an expiry date as such but the quality may not be the same if used outside the best before dates.